Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

I saw this and just had to try it.  I spent .25 cents a piece for the cup and saucer, a little hot glue and
some bird seed and wala, a bird feeder.  The one's I saw was actually on small posts, which I didn't have so I put it out on a rock in the yard where the birds are always at.  Be creative and see what you can come up with.

Here's another version.  Take a plastic bottle, cut 2 holes in the bottom and put a wire tie or something you can hang it up with.  On the other end put 2 more holes and put a stick thru it, I used the kabob sticks.  Next put small holes above the sticks for the birds to eat out of, not too big.  Next put dried bread crumbs or bird seed in it and wala, another type of bird feeder.  One special note on this one, make sure there are no rough edges in the holes the birds eat out of so they don't get cut or hurt.  The one like this I saw was actually the other way around and the cap was on top.  I thought though, if the feed gets stuck together or yucky on the bottom, then it would hard to clean it out and reuse it.  By putting the cap on the bottom, I can easly get out whatever gets stuck and refil it easily. 

No comments: