Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weaved Rag Rug

Making a rag rug. Using different materials because there's always different people coming over. I'm making 5-7 panels, then I'll sew them together from the back. A really fun conversational piece. So save those clothers you were going to throw out and start cutting your strips. I used yarn, sheets,
shirts, scarfs...mix it up and make it fun. Watch my video on how to attach your strips together without having to tie them in a knot. Once the panels are done, I cut the strings and then tie every two strings together at the top and bottom and then cut off the access. I'll have a more detailed video on making this soon.




An important reminder, when weaving, do not pull tight or you'll end up with a pear shape project.  Your material, when making it to the end and going back the other way, should be loose. Your string should not be pulled inwards so leave it a bit loose when turning back the other way.

No comments: