Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Picture Frame Loom
My very first try at weaving. I used what I had at home so I didn't have to buy anything. I used an old picture frame and I had some left over yarn.  Didn't have a hook so just used my fingers.  The next one
will be bigger and better but I think I have the right idea down.  The most important thing is keep your colors from twising.  If the yellow is on the bottom when you pull through, make sure it stays there all the way through.  Using 2 or more colors at a time, actually helps you to get what you're making done sooner because you don't have to weave through if you used one string at a time.  Then tie off on the edges and wala....you have a matt or even be more creative and hang it on the wall with something else on it.  Or use t-shirt strips or other material and make rugs.  You don't have to "buy" a loom, you probably have something at home you can use.

No comments: